Doctor Salary in Norway 2024

Discover the average salary of doctors in Norway and gain valuable insights into the compensation for this prestigious profession. This article provides accurate information on doctor salaries in various specialties, highlighting the factors that impact earning potential. Understanding the financial rewards associated with a career in medicine can help aspiring doctors make informed decisions about their future. Explore this comprehensive guide to better comprehend the salary landscape of doctors in Norway, and get a clearer picture of what to expect financially in this esteemed field.

What is the average Doctor salary in Norway in 2024?

Average Doctor monthly salary
21,500USD
(USD 257,900 yearly)
Low 18,300 USD
Average 21,500 USD
High 24,800 USD
The average yearly earnings for individuals working in Norway amount to around USD 21,500 per month. Salaries vary between USD 18,300 (lowest average) and USD 24,800 (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This average salary includes allowances for housing, transportation, and other benefits. Salaries differ considerably across different career paths. If you are interested in the salary of a particular job, please see the specific job title salaries below.

Doctor Pay Scale and Salaries in Norway

Pay Scale Comparison and Salary Structure

In Norway, nearly everyone working as a Doctor earns less than USD 24,200. Approximately 75% of Doctors in Norway earn USD 7,600 or less. Half of the employees in Norway who work as Doctors earn less than USD 5,300, while the remaining 25% of Doctors in Norway earn less than USD 4,000.Download chartGet chart linkShare on FacebookShare on Twitter

Salary Structure

In Norway, nearly everyone working as a Doctor earns less than USD 24,200. Approximately 75% of Doctors in Norway earn USD 7,600 or less. Half of the employees in Norway who work as Doctors earn less than USD 5,300, while the remaining 25% of Doctors in Norway earn less than USD 4,000.

Minimum Wage and Starting Salary

Minimum Wage and Starting Salary, specific to Doctor, refers to the fundamental pay levels for entry-level positions in this field. It encompasses the legally mandated minimum wage and the initial compensation offered to new hires in Doctor, impacting job seekers and employers alike. Understanding these figures is crucial for ensuring fair labor practices and successful career beginnings. In Norway, the minimum salary for Doctor is USD 18,300.

Median Salary

Median Salary represents the middle point of all salaries in a dataset, with half of the values above and half below it. It provides a more balanced view of income distribution, making it less sensitive to extreme values, and is commonly used to gauge average earnings in various professions and industries. In Norway the median salary is USD 17,000.

Salary range and Percentile

Salary Range refers to the span between the lowest and highest salaries in a given dataset, indicating the scope of potential earnings. Percentile, on the other hand, represents a specific point in the range, showing how a salary compares to others in the dataset, making it useful for benchmarking pay levels. In Norway, the typical salary for Doctor ranges between USD 18,300 and USD 24,800.